This is a page for keeping track of our stuff.
The old system was based on the inventory category, and didn't work very well.
The new system:
- All places where boxes (and large loose items) can be stored are Places
- Boxes given a unique ID string are called Bins.
- Each Place page should list all the Places it contains.
- Each Bin page should:
- list what's in the box. If the list is complete, it should be marked INVENTORIED [DATE].
- be categorized by what Place it's in, using the convention [[category:inventory/placename]]
- Bin prefix conventions:
- BOOKS: boxes containing mostly books
- INV: boxes which are intended to be kept in an inventoried state
- STOR: non-inventoried
- PPW: boxes containing mostly paperwork
- small attic: <listing> <description>
- upstairs/landing: <listing> <description>
- upstairs/hallway: <listing> <description>
- living room: <listing> <description>
- downstairs/hallway: <listing> <description>
- stairwell: <listing> <description>
see also category:inventory
- VBZ001 - stuff belonging to vbz that is not stock
INV004 and INV005 are mostly from stuff cleaned off the wooden modular cube-shelves while trying to make way for the new filing cabinet (bought by Shannon 2011-01-14).